This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A concious robot says Dawkins was wrong ...

There again ... he also begins his piece on his own blog by stating that religion and faith is all 'blind faith' and not questioned, that in fact that is what faith is. In this, he (or she - though who cares if it's a collection of atoms!) is very wrong, and this is not debatable because faith itself says that it is to be tested. What am I talking about now? Christianity. The Bible. Here in follows my comment on his/her blog. I do not know if the original will be published, but it was non inflammatory so it ought to be, in the interests of fairness:

'N Reinhardt has obviously got a shoe up his rear concerning anyone who dares to have such a thing as faith. I pity anyone with that much blatent bile in his life - according to his own evolutionary faith, his bitterness will accordingly carry him to an earlier grave than I, and therefore screw his genes in doing so. Ho hum.

Your definition of faith at the very top of your article however, is actually incorrect. Other than that, I agree with much of your article although as a Christian I see things through different glasses/biases to your own.

Faith for a selection of individuals is blind, but for the vast majority of us who have faith in something, it is based on a plethora of testable, repeatable (in some cases) and logically understandable causes such as personal experience, science, history, geography, art, music, teaching, evidences and many other factors coming into play.

For myself, I was supernaturally healed and have found God to be real, speak and evidences of His hand in the world and on the lives of others who I have met and watched. It is far from a blind faith, although I also accept it cannot ultimately be 'proven' to a laboratory degree. It was never meant to be, however to begin your paper by agreeing with Dawkins that sweepingly so, all religion and all faith (here you make no distinctions) is wrong and blind, is based on never questioning anything - is incorrect.

Did you know that modern science is almost exclusively built on the backbone of Christianity and in certain cases Islamic early science, driven by the monotheistic belief in a supreme creator who created order? Did you also realise that the Bible doesn't just ask one, it commands one to test all things - including itself, faith, reason and everything else out there? I cannot speak for other faiths but I can tell you that Christianity - the real Christianity - commands that people are to test it and not blindly believe in it. Because a handful do, doesn't mean it should be wrongly called 'blind faith'.

---

This is convinient at best and at worst - intellectually dishonest as it errects a strawman that an atheist can then attack, easily topple to make himself feel better. The real thing is a little different and has yet to be toppled in this great age of logic, science & reason. In fact God is on the move just as much if not more, including within the lives of many great men of science and understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home