This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Un PC dreams?

The funny thing about dreams is that they don't seem to feel the need to apply any particular standard to them - even your own mental standards. Political correctness, belief, knowledge or cencorship seems banished well and truely from the realms of dreaming.

Two nights ago, I dreamt a lot of varied things. At one point though, I actually awoke in surprise at what I was dreaming!

There was a football stadium of some sort, quite a large one. Filled with people all sitting or standing in the rows. It was packed and something was about to begin in the stadium.

Before it did though, over the tannoy system one man was given the honour of opening the ceremony (why I do not know). He was in the crowd and pre selected obviously.

He said into his microphone, 'Let's open our Bibles...to John chapter 1 verse 15'. I think I am remembering this right. http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jhn/Jhn001.html

Surprisingly, almost everyone had a book, though not all. Many opened them and looked at the page. Some then closed the book after looking down at it.

Then the man with the mic' started to try to read. He made some noises that sounded semi arabic, but was clearly not properly spoken arabic either. It was garbeled and struggling attempts to read and understand. The word 'allah' was used several times as he read on, trying ...

Then he stopped and looked up, horror on his face. He then spoke once again in perfect english, as before:

"Wait a minute ... what is this? This is England!" He shut the book and sat down. I awoke with a start.

I actually don't think this dream was at all about dissing the Islamic book of faith. I think it was a statement about the realities of faiths plural in this nation, and a possible orwellian glance into a possible future scenario. Quite clearly this man's Bible was not written in english, you see.

Anyway, I don't want to read too much into it and I certainly am not attacking anybody. But I liked how un PC the dream was, and how it caused me to question what it could be about.

--

The following night, I dreamt again many things. In one, myself, Jazz, Allan and Kelly were in some strange, dark place with houses where you could walk on the roofs/flat tops. The enemy people/aliens were everywhere. I attacked several with a base ball bat and then we all escaped on the ferry ...

Strange. Certainly not reading much into that, since it was totally mixed up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home