This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Hanging

The trouble with me is that no matter how legitamately sick or ill I am, I always feel absolutely guilty as heck for staying away from work, which is exactly what I am doing right now even as I write this to you. I have a cold, a mere cold. But it feels like crap, and is probably also at the early, contagious stage. If I go in, I will give it to other people, not to mention sound damn aweful on phones as well as feeling aweful myself.

But it would have given me a much needed good reputation, and also given me much needed money.

Why do I give such a damn about money and reputation? I shouldn't care about either. Yet, I do. Oh boy, do I ever. Even though I am healed, I still feel like I got to prove myself to just about everyone. I feel terrible if I am five minutes late or take a day off, even though I don't get paid for that time off.

I wish I didn't care. I want to stop caring. I want to not think 'they're all talking about me'. But I can't. I seem totally obsessed with making up the years I lost. I am not sick usually. I tend to catch bugs and stuff sure, but I rarely ever throw up these days. Usually once a year.

But my work record must be pretty aweful. There again, I don't get paid to be off so, it's not like in a salary job where you are looked at sideways for taking paid days off work. Also, I am not paid enough nor am I in a true career role right now, to be willing to truely bust a gut when I feel absolutely hanging. Yet again - I say that on here, but that isn't how I feel. I feel like I want to go in, and work. I feel guilty. WHY ???

I don't want this blog to turn into a whine or a moan platform, so I think that's it for now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home