This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Looking back on a day

Ok so ... what the heck happened?

Today went mostly without a hitch I suppose; our plans for eating sushi in Bristol though were totally messed up from start to finish. It was definately the most anti climatical birthday that I've ever head and the most dull, though I don't altogether regret it.

Obento aparently doesn't open Mondays, so half way to Bristol I had to change quickly and make a snap desicion - where were we going? I had my heart utterly set on eating some sushi, and nothing (even mad prices or small servings) was going to stop me getting my one desire.

We ended up seeking parking near Park St with a short walk from our eventual parking on Frogmore St (some weird guy waving a newspaper fended us and other cars away from a perfectly good space in Park St). Arriving at the chosen second place sushi place, it was exactly as I remembered - cheesy, black, mostly empty and with service by faceless, bored-looking males.

But I got my sushi!

I don't think the others really enjoyed it there, and mostly suffered it and the prices which were rather steep considering what we got on the plate (though the food did taste good and was very nicely arranged). But we did appear to all have a good, social time.

After this, the trip home was pleseant enough ... Jazz was good enough to bring his car. Then it wa sa stop at the Wine Rack to grab beer, before ending up at my place armed with said drinks, for a spot of New Dominion Tank Police on DVD!

We got through about two or three episodes before Will clearly couldn't stand it, to be honest. I personally thought that aside from the brief little flutter, it wasn't a patch on the old stuff. Still, I hadn't seen anything anime for so long I still was able to enjoy watching it, and am grateful to Ken for purchasing it as a gift to me.

Then Bottom was voted on, after a TV episode caught the eye of everyone previous to the DVD going in. On went the DVD of Bottom, and this seemed to lift the mood.

Then it was kicking out time, as people volunterily left so that Jazz could lift them all in his car. I enjoyed a bit of online capering, some snuggling with Ken (nothing major - bodyclock saw to that!), UrbanDead scuttling around almost getting stuck in a lag fest out in the open ... before bed and an ancient, self-told, TFs story tape to get me to sleep quickly - which it did.

Earlier in the day I'd been made a cup of tea by Robin (he tried, it was drinkable but not the best tea, he needs more training!) and visited Grandma and Granddad for tea and biccies. Both trips out were well worth it, and the grandparents gave me a huge and very generous present which was cash, sorely needed for shopping! I am so grateful to them both for giving out of what little they have so generously, to me.

Can't think of anything else to write for this blog spot ... this has been my 27th birthday in 2005, on Monday 26th September. It was fun, it went all wrong in the planning, and it was the worst yet in terms of not being how you remember birthdays being as a child. But I enjoyed it, was truely blessed by my friends and family, and have learnt now what it means to 'have an adult birthday' :)

Roll on the 'year of achievement'! (see last blog post before blue penguin one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home