This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Do you think it's ok to behave in a Gay / Lesbian way sexually?

No, and here's why (a cut from my personal web site).

[ Before commenting on this post, please read http://leozak.blogspot.com/2005/12/why-i-delete-non-intellectual-comments.html . Offensive comments will not get through]

The Biblical scriptures that are part of the reason I do not believe it is ok to follow through on homosexual tendencies are the following: Genesis 19; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26–27; 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:10. Three of these are New Testament and two are old. There are other verses that I am not familiar enough with to quote here.

All of the churches currently really seeing God move in real and powerful, wonderful ways hold to the Biblical standard that sex is for marriage only and marriage is one man and one woman, for life. This is evidence from 2005, not from 'ages ago', not that something being old somehow makes it less relevant anyway.

It is not discriminatory especially against any people group because in the Bible, any sexual temptations that were outside of this boundary set by God for the good of His people, were treated exactly the same way - that is they were said to be wrong by God Himself. The church didn't decide to add this later, and the fact that Christians, like everybody else sin, is no reason to say it doesn't count. Priests sin. Pastors sin. Everybody sins and some sins are sexual. Does that mean we give up? No.

Personally, I think that there are many different sexual 'leanings' and tendencies amongst humankind, but that this doesn't change what God tells us to do. Now, quite obviously just as in Biblical times, if a nation or person is anti-God, then they aren't going to care what His word says and are going to go with whatever feels right for them.

This is why I don't hate on people who fall into this category and go with their sexual tendency due to their fallen nature which we all have, which may be various temptations but for some, homosexual temptations may be stronger than in others and some may not have it at all.

Do I think people are 'born gay'? No, I do not. There is no gay gene. I do believe though that some people as they grow up become more susceptible to certain sexual ideas than others, and that for them it may certainly feel as though they are only able to be thrilled with same sex partners.

However, there is a wide body of ex-homosexuals of both sexes out there, living heterosexually through choice, that proves it is not only possible, but probable. This revolts some folk but I am sorry, it happens to be my view based on real experience in the real world.

I don't hate anyone, but I have this viewpoint. I have had gay friends and will in the future I am sure. But that doesn't mean I have to agree that their sexual lifestyle is appropriate in the eyes of God, who I believe in based on evidence. I also speak from a certain volume of experience personally on this issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home