This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Digg crowd lynch some guy over my article

Ok. I will try to explain this in chronological order. Please bear with me, this is funny but also rather eye-opening:

A few days ago I wrote an article which I posted to this address, about the Wii console: www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=23483 I also posted this article onto my gaming miniblog (Kim's Clicks).

The article above was then posted to the Digg community by a total stranger to me, as seen here: http://digg.com/gaming_news/I_played_with_my_Wii_for_2_hours_I_m_not_tired

Once it was up there, a guy who is part of the Digg community posted a comment on the article which was particuarly annoying to other Digg users. I have not seen the original Tom Fraser comment and I can only assume it's been deleted now.

Digg users flooded the article on Digg with extra diggs, both for the article and for each other's comments. A big row ensued surrounding the actions of Tom Fraser. Apparently someone's handed out private details of the man and people have been calling his house, making 'I blocked Tom Fraser' T shirts and buttons for their websites etc. Someone even made a Digg page about what happened:

www.digg.com/offbeat_news/Join_the_club_We_have_T_Shirts

Someone also made a slightly rude song and video: http://Tomfraser.justgotowned.com

I don't know who this Tom Fraser is, or if any of this actually is happening to him. All I know is that it's crazy all this came from my lovely little Wii article! Still, it's nice to think you might have started a little Internet 'event' without even realising it!

"Ha ha, this is hilarious. The lines between reality and the Internet have blurred. Mob mentality has taken hold, the digg legions are on the march, and all over a guy pressing enter too many times, I love it!" --- DaneTrain, Digg.com

1 Comments:

Blogger -=Kim Kaze=- said...

www.pinkprankradio.com/?p=55

Check this out! This is even more incredible..it's going on and on! I've created a MONSTER!

10:24 AM, October 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home