This contains the thoughts, ramblings, laments, musings, rants, works of fact and fiction, journal entries and other random pieces of human food for thought, all fresh from the mind of one Kim Kaze - a British person with a penchant for the unusual, edgy and supernatural. What I bring may not be everybody's cup of tea ... but there again I can only bring you what I have; and this my friends, is me.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

It's gonna' get to your heart!

God is on your case. That's what I believe.

This last week was spent for me in Peterborough, UK. Highly spiritual place? I think not. Classy? Hardly. But right there, deep amongst the 'Ortons', lies the East of England Showground and therein, for one week of every year, the annual 'Kingdom Faith Camp'.

Get Ned Flanders straight out of your head. All green jumpers aside - this was a dynamic week of prayer, praise & worship (of the loud and quiet sorts...), healing, ministry, prophetic (and by everyone, not just those on the stages), teaching and deliverance. All age groups are catered for, and there are seminars covering almost everything; from child bearing to prayer schools.

Everything that goes on is entirely optional - you can camp on site or come in from offsite as a day visitor (either mornings only, evenings only or both). You can choose what you want to do. You can leave meetings and return to them at your whim. You can stay in tents, caravans or anything else, really. You can rent stuff to stay in and get it set up and taken down for you. It's very open-ended in that way.

In meetings, participation is also optional. You can sit and watch, sit and take in, stand, kneel, lie down - all as and when YOU feel moved to do so. It's totally inter denominational and respects the Word of God (The Holy Bible) above all else. No groups are bashed or intentionally made less a part of what is going on.

The music is professional and very well done. The youth bands are very slick and with it; whether it's rap or rock.

But what happened to me this week? Well, in truth, I went along expecting God to move and to 'do some stuff'. I had no specific or urgent needs really, at least in my own eyes. I had faith, but I knew there was more to be done. So I went along.

God AMAZED me. I cannot think of a better word to explain what took place. He took me from where ever I was at with whatever issue was to hand at that moment, and pushed me forward at a pace I could handle, but also challenged me at the same time. It was truely awesome! I was able to use the gift of prophecy directly, pray for healing in others, got to war with the enemy (the forces of darkness, demons, whatever you want to call them - they're out there and they need rebuking!), get into the word more, get into prayer more, learn more deep stuff about the power of praise ...

I was also released into my calling, which I believe God has spoken firmly over my life these last six or so years. I have known for a while that God wanted to use me as a Street/Youth Pastor, but this year I really heard off God and His heart for this. I was also by the grace of God, in the EXACT right meetings to get prayed for by men of God. The funniest instance was that I thought I'd pop along to The Move (teenaged group) one night for no deep, spiritual reason whatsoever. It turned out that the preacher that night, Eric Casto (a man that I trust to lay hands on me) called for Youth Leaders who are already operating and are serious about youth, to come forward. I did and I was one of four in that place that night (I always seem to be part of small alter calls). God whacked me off my feet and though I didn't have a deep, spiritual experience (I was fully aware all throughout), I was aware that boldness was set into my spirit. No longer will I doubt the work God has for my life.

More later ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home